“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37-38
These lay leaders may be either a Lay Worship Leader (LWL) or a Synod Authorized Minister (SAM).
- The Lay Worship Leader Program of the Southern Ohio Synod forms, evaluates, and prepares candidates to be certified and sent into ministry to provide occasional worship leadership and preaching to congregations and worshipping communities across the Synod.
- The Synod Authorized Minister Program of the Southern Ohio Synod forms, evaluates, and prepares candidates to be certified and sent into ministry to meet congregational needs for sacramental worship and pastoral leadership in ongoing service to congregations and worshipping communities where the placement of ministers of word and sacrament is impractical or where pastors are not readily available.
The Rev. Dr. Lynn Nakamura administers the Southern Ohio Synod Leadership Academy. If you are interested, or would like to recommend someone for service, please contact her at LeadershipAcademy@southernohiosynod.org.
- Leadership Academy Programs Manual
- Definitions and Guidelines for Discipline
- Leadership Academy Program Goals
- Leadership Academy Schedule
- Leadership Academy Course Descriptions
- Leadership Academy Instructors
To apply to either the Lay Worship Leader or Synod Authorized Minister Programs, please complete & submit the following forms:
Click here to view an information session with Rev. Dr. Lynn Nakamura from Monday, May 16, 2022.