Thrive e-blast 10.1.19: Thrive! already making an impact
Thrive! Already Making an Impact
We are excited to announce that as of October 1st, over $238,000 has been committed to the Thrive! Campaign and over $110,000 is in hand. This strong response is allowing us to already move forward on several initiatives, demonstrating that we are indeed “Stronger and Better Together.”
Here is a sample of what Thrive! already is making happen:
- Goal 1: Equipping Lay Leaders: 46 people gathered for Council President & Other Leader Training held in Worthington on September 17th –– and at least 3 more identical events will be scheduled and held around the Synod in the months ahead.
- Goal 3: Strengthening Rostered Ministers: A 2nd Coaching Cohort for rostered leaders is being planned.
- Goal 5: Enhancing Worship Practice: Josh Brodbeck, who has served as the Synod Assembly Worship Director, has now joined the synod staff and will oversee coordination of fulfilling Goal 5 initiatives. Preliminary planning for collaboration and sharing of resources is underway.
Thank you for your support that is bringing hope to people across the Synod and providing training to help us be more effective in “Joining Jesus in the Restoration of the World!”
Training Coming Soon! Please Register Congregation Leaders Now!
Training on how to run the Thrive! Campaign in your congregation is near, which means the time is now to register Congregation Leaders, Stewardship Team members, as well as pastors, to attend one of these events:
November 2, 2019
10:00-11:30 Good Shepherd, 7701 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati
2:00-3:30 St. John, 122 West National Road, Vandalia
7:00-8:30 Synod Office, 300 S. Second Street, Columbus
November 17, 2019
2:00-3:30 St. John’s, 116 North 7th Street, Zanesville
5:00-6:30 First English, 220 North Columbus Street, Lancaster
Participants will receive complete training, a comprehensive Campaign Manual, and the printed materials needed for your congregation’s Thrive! Campaign.
Important! If your Congregation Leader(s) are unable to attend any of these scheduled training sessions, please contact Pastor Larry Donner, the Thrive! Campaign Manager, (Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org) right away to make alternate training arrangements.
Lancaster Location for Final Gathering for Rostered Leaders and Their Spouses
Five Gatherings with Bishop Dillahunt, and Pastor Larry Donner, the Thrive! Campaign Manager, have been held around the synod to help inform people about Thrive! And the excitement is growing!
Now a final Gathering will be held, and all Rostered Leaders and their spouses who have not attended a prior Gathering are invited and to attend. Please accept our invitation!
- Monday, October 7th, 7:00-9:00 p.m. at St. Paul, Lancaster (125 N. Eastwood Ave.) Light snacks, desserts and soft drinks will be provided.
- Please RSVP directly to Paul at 740-654-1331 or email@example.com no later than October 4th.
Find answers to your questions and learn how Thrive! will benefit you by watching the new Thrive! Council Presentation Video with your Congregation Council and/or other appropriate leaders. If you still need more information, please feel free to contact Pastor Larry Donner, the Thrive! Campaign Manager (Thrive@SouthernOhioSynod.org), who will be pleased to consult with you.